Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Feather Weight



I have not been writing much about this topic because we weren't sure what to think about the whole situation. Levi has only gained 1 pound in the last 5 months...

We didn't really know the numbers until he went for his six-month appointment. He only weighed 12 lb 15oz. Since then we have been to the doctor at 7 and 8 months. He now weighs 13 lb 5 oz. So he is gaining weight but not a significant amount. He continues to grow in height and head circumference he is consistently staying at about the 25th percentile in both those areas, so the only real concern is his weight.

Furthermore, he has been crawling since he was 6 1/2 months, he has been pulling himself up to standing and walking along objects (ie the coffee table) since he was about that old as well. He just clapped for the first time on his 8-month birthday. (which I have been told is a 9-month skill). With all that being said his development is ahead of schedule and his height/head circumference is steadily increasing....so what should I do?

We have started him on coconut oil and yo baby yogurt. He takes both very well. He is up to about 8 oz of yogurt a day and about a tablespoon of oil. We also are giving him fish oil and some vitamins...just in case he is lacking an element or something. I feel frustrated some days...like I am a bad mother and then others I feel so proud of the way he moves and stands...(I really think he will walk soon). I guess what they say is true...there is no lack of guilt in motherhood. But, for the record, he is a healthy, happy little boy and he is God's child. I trust Him fully to bring the right information to me to make decisions concerning this matter. However, I must also note that prayers are always appreciated. :)


ONTO A HAPPIER TOPIC!
As I mentioned above, Levi has started clapping. Please enjoy the video below.




We were actually able to capture it the first day that it happened. He likes for you to clap first and then he claps for you.

MEMORIES OF JULY


Levi and I spent an afternoon with my mom. He decided to get cozy and take a little cat nap on Mamaw Debbie


His first Fourth of July! He really enjoyed the fireworks. As a matter of fact each time we have seen fireworks he gets excited and babbles after each one. As if he's saying, "OOOO, Mom, did you see that one!? OOOO, look at that one!"


This is another picture from the Fourth.
(We went down to the Canal for the first time with our neighbors, the Summerfields.) Levi was trying to grab my camera. I know, totally cute!



I couldn't pass up the opportunity to post another Daddy-Levi picture.
Here they are enjoying the fireworks together.



ANOTHER FIRST!
This is Levi's first trip to Symphony on the Prairie.



The Bath Time Cafe
As aforementioned, Levi is into Yo Baby Yogurt.
He needed a bath, he needed to eat some more food, and it was late...so I just smushed my tasks together...it was a success!



YET ANOTHER FIRST!
Today we went to a festival and we got Levi's leg painted.


It is a Colt's horseshoe.
I know what he's thinking...I have very cool parents.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! I think he is getting big...(even though it doesn't seem like it, God will probably zap him with a pound or two in the next few weeks) and his hair is so light! Blondie!!!! The video is so cute too...yay! He is clapping!!! Kudos to you both and many prayers flowing your way for your home and family!