Monday, February 04, 2008




The last week of January was a big one for Levi. He rolled over for the first time on January 31st! Then he did it 3 more times on February 1st. Unfortunately, Matthew has missed all four accounts. However, I did manage to get one on video, and my goal this week is to upload it onto this blog...that will be a learning experience for me.

For myself, I have really started to fall in love with motherhood. I wasn't one of those mothers who could say she was head-over-heels in love with Levi the moment I saw him. I mean I loved him, but it was more because he was mine and Matthew's child and he needed me...this may seem harsh to some people, but it is the reality. The first 2 months of his life were all about me just taking care of him out of love and responsibility...I was just getting to know him...really know him. During all this I am also trying to redefine my relationship with Matthew with the objective of creating a new 'normal' that had a healthy balance. If that weren't enough I had to find myself in all of this chaos. I must end this downward spiral by saying that in the last three weeks I have made peace with this inner battle for now. I love juggling all of these balls in the air now. Matthew and I make each other a priority. It takes the two of us working really hard at finding ways to spend time together, but it is totally worth it. And because we do that, we feel more energized to be with our son. My life as it is now would not be complete without Levi. I have fallen into mother-love with him. I know (for the most part) when he's hungry, sleepy, happy, hurting...

There are a lot of parallels to mother love and romantic love. I guess you could say I was infatuated with Levi at first and we have just made the transition into real love. The kind of love that will cover a multitude of sins...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AMAZINGLY ADORABLE:) He is so cute...I wish I was there to be around you all more...I will have to make a trip up there soon:) I really enjoyed reading this particular blog...not that the others weren't good too, but in this one you really said how you were feeling. I love the honesty and the fact that it is such a metaphor and example for the Father's love for us. Love you guys so much!