Monday, April 18, 2011

A Moment to Remember


For fear of forgetting this moment I must write it down.

Yesterday after Levi woke from his nap, he and I were sitting down on the couch just cuddling and talking. He looks up at me and says, "Mom, Jesus took my sin away." On the inside I was jumping for joy that our faith is becoming real to him. As I smile at him in amazement, I reply, "Yes, He did." Then Levi looks at me and smiles a devilish smile, you know the one, it makes me think of the Grinch. He says, "But I wanna do one more bad thing." Holding my breath, I ask, "What's that?" He maintains that smile and says, "I wanna hit my sister."

Proud moment gone.

However, I laughed so hard that I nearly cried. I was unable to turn this into a teachable moment because I was not prepared for my 3 year old to display to me that he even slightly grasped the concept of sin being bad. I was able to talk him out of hitting his sister when she woke up. One hit out of a hundred isn't bad.

1 comment:

Meghan Rogers said...

Saw this on Facebook and meant to leave a comment. HOW HILARIOUS!!! Glad you wrote it down :) It made me laugh out loud.